BAR MANAGER APPLY NOW
Kills Boro Brewing Company is searching for a proactive bar manager for our current location (60 Van Duzer Street.) You must enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
The bar manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train bar staff, and ensure that patrons are receiving excellent drinks, food, and service.
You will also manage inventory and resources, plan promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses and update vendor contracts, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction. You should also be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
Additionally, you will be expected to attend Brewery Production Meetings semi-regularly to familiarize yourself with can and draft release schedules, as well as develop a sales program that will drive the front-of-the-house sales for Kills Boro beer.
In order to succeed as a bar manager, you should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
Bar Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Attend Brewery Production meetings and integrate with Brewery Team to remain up to date on latest Beer Releases, as well as drive the front-of-the-house sales program for Kills Boro beer.
- Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation.
- Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
- Planning and taking part in promotional events.
- Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
Bar Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Restaurant or management experience or more education is generally preferred.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience level